Ok, I'm blaming fear of Hwy 55 on my speed. It's just too easy to take off on the bike from the house & I'm doing exactly what I said I wouldn't do. I'm going out on busy roads before I'm really used to the bike. So, I take off around the neighborhood for a loop or two on my figure 8 running route & then down hwy 55. My goal was to go to the grave yard, ride around there, & come back. I had to turn on the lights after the first 5 miles. On the way back I decided to ride against traffic simply to calm my nerves down on the way back. 55 has a really good shoulder or I wouldn't have been on it BUT for me, it was a bit scary. (I have run on it many times.) When I got back to my neighborhood, I rode a few more miles for 12.13. It took me almost 1 hr 7 mins. I think it's safe to say that if I rode next to Haile Gabrselassie for 26.2 miles he would beat me! ha!
My new favorite song these days is Coldplay's Viva La Vida!
Yep, I finally stopped wearing out the Keith Urban Greatest Hits in the car.
Just watched him in Central Park.... I think fatherhood agrees with him. :)
Tuesday, while waiting on Paul...the lady in the "Greek" store said he came in & bought a shirt once. She said he had the smoothest, baby faced skin. She was a hoot n' half to listen to in there. She's from Seattle & only goes home once a year. Sweet woman!
No comments:
Post a Comment