Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's official.

LOL has my money so I'm going for sure. This will be the 1st ever organized ride I've ever done EVER! The distance I do (the 30 or the 62 miles) will depend on how I do this weekend. If & ONLY IF I can cover close to 45-50 miles comfortably will I consider the 62.
Yeah, I know, I know.....still no pedals yet & I'm considering that too but oh well, so what...I'm slow anyway. Incidentally, I called Pro Cycling & the story changes ever so slightly everytime. If they don't have the account set up by friday & my pedals on the way by Monday, I'm getting them somewhere else. Sure, I'd like to give this new store my business, etc...but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

I looked at previous years photos from the LOL & apparently anything goes with cycling attire. I will probably wear my tattered, torn Strider's singlet under a bright green thin, short jacket with the bike shorts. There's no telling what the temp will be at 8am on Oct 4th. (The heat misery of last years Middle 1/2 & Music City 1/2 still creeps into my mind.)
I will bring the purple long sleeve tech shirt with zip pockets, too, & I may just go with that only.

In spin class last night, we got into a discussion about what gets thrown at cyclists on the road. One lady said she had beer thrown on her once. One guy said that his coworker was cut off on Jackson last week by some lady & now has pins in his broken wrist. (I can identify with that from my roller blading break in '03! OUCH!) The instructor said he had been cussed at a lot. For a newbie like me, it just sounds scary! I've got to develop some thick skin & if beer gets thrown at me, I will pull over, pull out my phone, take a photo of the tag or back of the car, & dial 911 immediately because they're obviously drunk drivers.
So, anyway, I'm psyched up! ha!

I'm excited to see "Wicked" is coming back to Atlanta next month!
I just gotta find someone to go!!!!

Tonight at Harvey's:
65 min walk
some pilates/ab work
arm weights

1 comment:

Old Man said...

2 years in Atlanta and never made it to the Fox theater. did go to Chastain, great venue.

never had anything thrown at me on the bike.

have fun at LOL.

can't believe you don't have pedals yet. had I known, I'd have given you my old SPD's, but let them go with my Vitus, when I sold it.