Sunday, September 21, 2008

Resting at LP Field

I got parked early for free at the Municipal auditorium. It seemed a little cool at first but as soon as I got inside the coliseum, it was like it suddenly got hot.I heard the TSU band right outside as I was heading for a drink (raspberry rum slush!). Since I was inside, this is the best pic I could get. (note: the "sophisticated ladies" in red to the left) One of the band members appeared to be overtaken by the heat & was carted off looking pretty bad. I hope he was ok.

Belly painting? The guy told her that if the baby came out blue not to blame him. ha!
Upon entering our suite 280A on the West side (next to river), we had to get name tags.
Views from the suite.


It was nice running into Lana & her boys. She looked well rested for someone who's been training so incredibly hard. :) I also ran into Wayne & Erin while watching the pregnant woman get belly painted & I made a point to say "hey" to Mark C. right before 1/2 time.

I should have taken a photo of the food in the suite. It was insane. They had food spread out everywhere...chicken wraps, chicken strips, hot wings, salad, fruit, veggies, brownies, cookies, etc... I turned into a big pig this weekend. I will have to work extra hard this week to make sure I work off Pam's b-day cake & everything I consumed today. We were miserable when we left. All in all a good, productive weekend with friends & family. :)

All I will say about the UT game is that I'm glad I didn't go. When Tim Tebow admits he's been studying Peyton Manning, then it's pretty much a done deal. Tebow is good, but Tebow studying Peyton is just GREAT. What a blow out yesterday! I could barely watch it & I thought about my friend, Paul C. there with his boys. He text me after the game, "It's going to be a LONG season for UT." He has season tickets to Neyland.

I've come to the conclusion that the Titans are going to have an interesting season. Cortland Finnigan proved once again that he's not too little to play football. (He was told that in high school.)
His nickname should be "Mr. Interception". I told Hannah that he's going to be my next husband. :P
Next weekend is the Vikings & then we don't have a home game again until Oct 27th when the Colts come to town. I'm on the fence about going. I'll see how my week goes & decide by mid week. I do plan on a 40 mile bike ride at some point next weekend. Yes, I'm committing myself to 40 for sure. I called Terri & she's pretty sure she may go out with me. If not, I'm sure Chris & Carla will do part of it with me. Have I said how much I like my bike lately? :)

2 comments:

Junie B said...

I only got to see a bit of the game as my mom nor my sister have their cable back, but while over at my nieces i did see a bit. it was early in the game and from what i could see it wasnt pretty...my nieces friend said both teams were looking pretty sloppy, but i see the outcome.

thanks for thinking of me, but only cause of the Houston part....Not the Texans part, cause I am not a fan :o)

Lisa said...

Actually, I started to feel sorry for the Texan players & knowing the shape Reliant stadium is in is disheartening.