We started out with Traci (who did 10), a new guy named Brian, Daryl, a gal named Nicole, & Jayson at 6:30am. We hit a lot of hills on the outskirts of Crockett Park. The park itself really isn't that hilly but once you're out of it in the 'hoods & near Ravenood High School, watch out. They ate me alive on the later miles. We dropped fluids at the high school & we hit that area every 5 miles or so much like last week. Carmel has some hills but not like this so I'm A OK with the pace even though it wasn't 9 or under. You can tell from my splits where we were hanging at the water stops & where I was climbing hills later in the run. I am proud of this run simply because I was able to push the last two miles down & it's only been 4 weeks since the New Orleans Marathon. I don't stop my garmin on training runs. The clock doesn't stop during a race so why should it on training runs?
19:25 miles - 2:54:36 - pace 9:04
Mile 1: 8:44
Mile 2: 8:43
Mile 3: 8:42
Mile 4: 8:32
Mile 5: 9:31 (fluid stop/major hills...dropped gloves there because I was getting warm)
Mile 6: 8:41
Mile 7: 8:54
Mile 8: 9:10 (damn hills)
Mile 9: 8:45
Mile 10: 9:13 (started really feeling the hills here)
Mile 11: 10:25 (fluid stop, said good bye to Traci & put some more gloves on...hands got cold for some odd reason)
Mile 12: 9:10 (taking in gu & trying to find a groove again)
Mile 13: 9:05
Mile 14: 8:51
Mile 15: 9:46 (fluid stop...tried to stretch a bit)
Mile 16: 9:12
Mile 17: 9:13 (damn hills)
Mile 18: 8:44
Mile 19: 8:55
.25: 8:44
Next weekend....22 or 23 miles & I'm thinking Shelby Park with a run over the Pedestrian bridge towards the end....
No comments:
Post a Comment