Sunday, March 3, 2013

a caged animal...

I've felt like a caged animal since about Wednesday.  I managed to get in a lot of weights yesterday, time on the bike, & the elliptical.  I couldn't wait to run this morning.  I stretched a little & knocked out ab ripper before we left.  It ended up just being Joe & myself on the hills.  We did a route very similar to what most of the group did yesterday.  The planned 6-8 hilly miles turned into 9.4 miles of hills.  I could tell it had definitely been 5-6 weeks since I had done any hills at all.  I fueled just like I have been doing for the last 6-8 months.  Heck, I even ate pasta last night at the Old Spaghetti Factory. 

9.4 miles - 9:00 pace - 1:24:35

We started at Mama's Javas & proceeded fairly flat for about 3 miles as you can tell from my pace.  LOL!  Then we hit Bluff Road.....it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...  The later hills felt worse than Bluff Road, but that's just my tired, non-hill trained legs letting me know they ran a marathon 7 days ago!

Mile 1-8:38
Mile 2-8:37
Mile 3-8:43
Mile 4-8:44 (Bluff, Fluff...)
Mile 5-9:01 (another hill)
Mile 6-9:26 (yet another hill)
Mile 7-9:44 (slow crawl up a hill)
Mile 8-8:45 (downhill headng back on Sunset)
Mile 9-9:06 (headed back to MJ's)
Mile .4-9:36 (little uphill)

We saw "Pink" last night at Bridgestone arena.  She was amazing & the woman has NO FEAR of heights.  She flew around in that place like Peter Pan.  She had a baby last year & I remember her on the "Ellen" show talking about all the training she was doing trying to get ready for this show.  Now I know exactly what she was doing.  Her abs were fabulous & her leg strength....WOW, is all I can say.  It made me glad I've kept P90X ab ripper in my training plan.  ;-)

This afternoon I'm doing some glute strengthening exercises at the gym & I'm doing P90X Stretch.  Megan B. enlightened me on what she's been doing to get her hips into shape at breakfast yesterday.  Time to give mine the attention they need.

No comments: