Tuesday, March 19, 2013

my "tired legs run"

5 miles - 9:11 pace - 45:51 rolling hills in the village

I felt really good the first 2.5 but then the sudden urge to lay down in the road & go to sleep hit me.  LOL!  Someone recently told me that is how they feel during long runs sometimes if they don't get enough caffeine.  I avoided the big hills in the 'hood but did some of the smaller rollers. Heck, you can't avoid them.  I spent 30 minutes stretching everything out since Tuesdays are usually my yoga days anyway.

9:33, 8:47, 8:34, 9:14, & 9:46....uphill to the front door as always....
I love TN but the hills here just suck the life out of me sometimes.

Tomorrow evening with the club I'll either do a flat tempo or I'll do hills again but they sure won't be "tempo" pace. 
Thank goodness, I'm running some recovery miles with Kim on Thursday & doing yoga only on friday.  Saturday's 19 miles should be interesting!