Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hills & no more google reader... ;-(


I ran with what was called the 9 minute group last night on the "5 mile hilly" route that I've not done since January. (We all know that a 9 minute pace is ALWAYS faster than 9 minutes per NRC math. Ha!)

I ended up with 5.25 miles at an 8:42 pace per Joe's garmin. Mine was doing funky stuff & only recorded my time, not pace, or calories. So, I had to guess at my calorie burn for myfitnesspal. I'm way under a 100 calories per mile these days per my height/weight profile in my garmin but I can usually guess pretty close.

My tensor muscle fired up just a tinsy bit but apparently icing/stretching it calms it right back down, thank goodness. I felt like I stuggled on the hills but I kept reminding myself that I'm just not that hill trained right now so I'm happy with the overall pace. Now that we have a little more daylight when we start our Wed night runs, I'm going to keep hills on those nights. I'm wondering how I'll feel after 16 miles on Sunday since I'd love to do the Monday "1 mile time trial" with the speed work group. I've not done a mile time trial in FOREVER.  Ummm, we shall see... I guess I could always do it later in the week but it's WAY more fun with the group.  

Google Reader is shutting down July 1st. I am going to switch to something else before then because I love using it to read other runner's blogs, sports pages, world news, real estate pages, etc…
I need to clean out my "reader" anyway.  

No comments: