As I said in an earlier post, I took Miranda K's 1/2 marathon bib & gave her my 5k bib. Turns out that overnight, Scott & Travis had two more bibs that weren't being used so Joe took one & joined me. I told Joe I just wanted to run how I felt & not worry about pace so much. Well, I felt like running low 8's the first 6 or so miles & then I felt like running low 9's the rest of the race! I'm not even going to bother posting the splits! LOL! It was just fun being out there seeing everyone I know in the running community & my friend, Paul S. (from Manchester). Totally enjoyed the morning.
My unofficial Tom King 1/2 was a 1:56:30 - 8:52 pace. I'm pretty dang proud I held on for that pace 2 weeks post New Orleans Marathon! If you had told me even 6 months ago that I would have even considered running a 1/2 marathon 2 weeks after my fastest marathon ever, I would have told you, "Hell, no!" LOL!
I'm calling this "training" run my "mental toughness" run. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment