Man, you can tell that I'm a fan of the 80's/early 90's, hence the "Bangles" song title. There was a time that I could identify what I was doing, what state I was in, who I was with, etc...just by hearing a song from the years 1983-1991. Odd what stays in the memory bank. All Garth Brooks older stuff reminds me of my years in Texas. Bobby Brown's "My Perogative" reminds me of Schwabach Germany. All of Whitney Houston's early stuff reminds me of college. Bryan Adams reminds me of my High School graduation. Jody Whatley reminds me of the first memory of arriving in Ft. Hood, Texas, driving down Rancier Street, & having some racist hoodlums yell at us for our choice of Jody Whatley on our radio. I knew I'd hate that place after that incident! Thank goodness my husband had the good sense to put his hand over my mouth & push me into the floor because I was ready for a fight. I don't know why this is on my mind. Maybe because I called Patti & sang, "I'll be there for you" into her voice mail on my way to the gym. I still have Bon Jovi brain going on, folks, sorry...
My workout was total cross training...1 hr 5 min elliptical SLOW, some stretching, free weights on my arms, & yoga ball crunches. My legs felt a little stiff, not sore, just stiff.
I know one thing, I cannot wait to find out IF I'm in NYC because everything will revolve around that day IF I'm in... IF I'm not, it will open up so many other possibilities for the Fall that's for sure. Fellow Blogger June said she found out around June 9th that she didn't get in last year. I sure hope she & I both get in because it would sure be nice to know another runner there. I've told Patti that it's perfectly ok not to meet me there IF I get in because she's never been to NYC. She'll want to sightsee & I'll be all about the marathon. She was thinking the same thing & understood. Hannah & I are trying to talk her into joining us at the end of June for the "all girls" 3 day thing. (it doesn't look good for her getting the time off from the office) :( I'm telling you, I'm ready for that trip. I'll be off the entire week of July 4th anyway. I'll probably come back & sleep for days because I don't see us sleeping much with all that we have planned. :) Which brings me to the fact that the "Sex & the City" movie is coming out soon. I'm trying to organize a girl's group from work to all go together. (Or I'll drag a man to it!) ha!
Tomorrow, I'm getting some half dead bushes cut down in the yard. I hope to run around the neighborhood after we're done. It was rather nice realizing that it was still daylight at 7:30pm tonight. I LOVE IT!
3 comments:
May 30th! May 30th! May 30th! I saw the SATC girls on Oprah last week...and OOOOOh I just cant wait!!!!
And then AFTER that, we can find out about NYC..and girl you have NO idea how badly I want BOTH of us in there..although the thought of training in July, Aug, and Sept for a marathon is enough to kill me I think.
"I got my first real six-string
Bought it at the five-and-dime
Played it till my fingers bled
It was the summer of '69"
I found out about NYC in early June too, if I remember correctly, so you should hear soon!
Good luck dragging a man to the SATC movie...my BF already told me he'd rather jump off the Golden Gate Bridge. :-/
You two made me laugh out loud when I read your comments! ha!
Post a Comment