Thursday, June 26, 2008

Imagine this...a fitness incentive?

My friend, Fara, who once upon a time used run with me, works for a federally funded program in Shelbyville. She works with low income children who need physical therapy & assessments on their growth progression. Anyway, her agency has given the employees an opportunity to earn 1 extra vacation day by doing something "measurable" for their own personal fitness. (She works with a lot of overweight people, apparently.) My guess is that they are trying to get the insurance costs down within the agency, who knows... So, Fara has decided that a 1/2 marathon is in her future for this Fall. I've tried to get her to do the CMM 1/2 in the past but life has got in the way of that. So, she's targeting the Music City 1/2 or possibly Team Nashville or maybe even the Huntsville 1/2. I hope my forever injured body allows me to train in time to do it with her. Who knows....guess I'll know July 17th if that's going to be possible. I despise being injured because I LOVE running & like to plan my races ahead of time.

Ok, you all that know me well know I'm just crazy enough to carry this sign at 5am to Times Square on my last day of vacation & get on TV. You have been warned! :P I have some 4th of July stickers I may put on it tonight.

No comments: