Monday, June 23, 2008

Woman drowns while doing "deep water aerobics"

Well, not really but that's what it felt like...
Didn't catch her name but she knew I was new & well, I apparently have poor posture in the pool while doing some of the moves. With the aqua jogger belt & the arm weights on, my body just won't stay under water well. My body kept popping up above the water when it should have been under. Personally, I think she moved a little too fast in between moves, but that's just me. It just seemed to me that we needed more "control" over the moves to do them correctly. I know the chatting ladies behind me weren't doing them correctly. The moves she had us do were good but in the water you are fighting so much resistance that you feel uncoordinated! The arm curls killed me!
I aqua jogged for 30 mins before class & 30 mins after class. I feel water logged!

So, I'm rethinking the water aerobics classes. I may just throw them in once every other week for a while. Personally, I think I would have got more out of the Beginning Spin class today. I had thought I would do the Intermediate Spin tomorrow but I think I'll head to the homestead & saddle up the elliptical instead. Wednesday, I'll need to finish the yard so I'll be at my gym that day too for a short time. Thursday, I've got another Beginning Spin class planned, plus some aqua jogging after. My legs will be toast I'm sure.

I know the weather will change 10 times between now & Sat but it looks like highs in the low to mid 80's while we're in NYC. I can hang with that!

No comments: