Thursday, August 14, 2008

"Guesstimation?"

I got a phone call at 9:45am from Dr. Stevens office. They wanted me to come in early or reschedule since he has an unexpected surgery this afternoon. So, I went on in but I wish I had just rescheduled now.
I'm healing ok so maybe the combination of NO elliptical, NO fast/hard walking, & the Exogen 4000 Ultrasound Bone Healing System are working. Who knows? I just know it is a little bit of progress. He said it's just a waiting game right now so the 4th X - Ray is Sept 25th. Our "guesstimation" of when I can start running again, Christmas, maybe? No "Halloween Hunt 5 miler" this year, no state park runs, no nothing. No Mercedes marathon in Feb either. They'll just have to keep my money or put me off till 2010. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to run a few 1/2s in early '09. At this point I just don't count on much as far as running but there is more out there to do & I will be doing it.

No comments: