Staying up late is getting to me a little but I just can't turn it off. I truly understand addictions, ya know. :P Thank goodness for coffee!I'm a bit bummed that the bike is on back order but it just means I need to get off my tail & go look again or maybe go somewhere else. I'm ready for a change & a change includes a bike. I'm also back on the look out for a house again. I just have not been motivated with everything that I've had going on this year. It's been a year since I sold my house in Tullahoma & again...it's time for a change! I came home last night to a house with brand new windows. Mom finally got that done. She is so proud of herself. Now if I could just get her to let me help her pay for them. She's been a struggle lately & now that I have this blog private I can say this...she's showing the early signs of alzheimers. I can't say that I'm surprised. After talking to several other cousins, I found out that her older sister is showing the signs, too. It's scary. We all have to face this sort of thing one day but when it's finally here, it's like a smack in the face. I've read up on what you can do to avoid/delay alzheimers & the key thing that keeps getting brought up is staying active, eating healthy, & challenging your mind. (My grandma used to do cross word puzzles & walk a lot when she was in her 70s) I do not believe my mom will live as long as my active grandmother who died at age 87.
In reality, we are all in control of most of what we do. It's just too bad that there are a lot of people who chose NOT to exercise because it bites them in the butt as they get older. My mother has never been that active & has never been a healthy eater. Oh well...
Last night I managed a slow 65 min walk while catching up with Pam on the phone. My reason for calling her was to see if her channel 4 was out (NBC for us with charter in this area). Her channel was out so I knew it wasn't just a Harvey's weird TV thing. It finally came back on about 7:45pm before I had a chance to call Charter once again & give them a piece of my mind! :P
Pam said that Ella had a good first week at school. Ella is her 5 1/2 yr old. She told Pam not to come in with her on her first day but Pam wanted to take a photo of her with her teacher. So, Ella allowed her to come in but told her she had to leave immediately. This child is 5, going on 15, seriously. :P
I also did some light free weights for my arms & some arm machines last night all the while thinking that I had better keep more control over my movements. Last Friday morning.....all the way through Monday morning, I felt like I had pinched a nerve or strained a muscle in my left shoulder blade up to my neck area. Patience with weights is something I really need to work on!
This morning's 5:30 spin class was a good sweat as usual.
After my appt this afternoon (for the 3rd shin X ray), the plan is to do leg weights, ab work, & some walking.
Looks like it's another late night of Olympics viewing...lots of swimming & the start of the women's gymnastics all around! I cannot wait! :)
1 comment:
Tonight I think me need to lay off even just the short 3 miler I have...everything hurts today and I get paranoid after last years injury... So I think I am just going to WALK 3 miles on the treadmill and do upper body weights.
Why Oh Why does the good shit have to come on LAST!!!
Post a Comment