Saturday, August 16, 2008

Mixed feelings of not wanting to be somewhere....

First off, last night at the 2nd preseason game against Oakland, my mind wasn't there. I had fun & all but when the text came to us that said, "Phelps = Gold by 1/100th". I just about pee'd on myself. I could NOT wait to get home to watch the replays. How exciting...one big LONG stretch.....to another Gold medal. His mom may have pee'd on herself from the looks her excitement. :P
2nd of all, it was a GREAT night for a football game. Not hot, Not cold, just peacefully nice outside. I grabbed a two scoop twirl yogurt in a waffle cone on the walk over! It was fabulous!

I limited myself to one margarita. I knew I would have to get up for the 9am Spin class that's an hour long on Saturdays (and I did). I also got in some good stretching, ab work, & some light free weights on my arms.
The drizzle outside kept me from lounging by the pool, the center seemed to be taking forever to get the indoor open so I left. My mojo just wasn't feeling the pool or the wait for the pool. (got my oil changed instead) :P

So, back to last night...Rob Bironas & Keith Bulluck each got awards. Rob's was the "Golden Toe Award" for 8 field goals in 1 game last year. (There's something about the number 8!!) Keith got a humanitarian award for his charity work.

Tired OLD Hag!
Lendale White doing his usual dance moves out of the tunnel. He did play well, sort of explosively well at that.
Last but certainly not least # 10 comes running out of the tunnel. They won on a field goal last night from Vaughn who's filling in for Mr. Golden Toe.

Eddie George in black t-shirt came over near our section. I was going to yell at him about his next 1/2 marathon but something tells me he's not running another one anytime soon. ha!

In a few hours, Deana K. will run for her life...much like she did in Athens. I pray that Britain's Paula Radcliffe holds it together. I felt so bad for her when she sat down on the side of the road in Athens. The woman has had a baby since then & will probably blister everyone but you never know....you just never know... Remember the "intruder" in the Men's marathon in Athens? How scary was that???!!!! Watching Meb get Silver & Deana the Bronze 4 yrs ago was pretty awesome but I have to say this has been the most exciting Olympics I've ever watched & that includes the '94 Winter Olympics too. Remember that drama? :P

Lezak is an anchor again tonight in Phelps last race/relay.

GO USA Men's Swim team & women's marathoners!

1 comment:

Junie B said...

i tell you one thing...its been one HECK of an olympics this year! I dont know if its because i myself, have become so much more active in sport myself or what...but i just cant stop watching this! i even watched the dang trampoline semi finals today! AND the badminton final! ugh!