Sunday, August 10, 2008

"Rest" Weekend

I've taken a self imposed 3 day "rest" period. Friday, I woke up with what I thought was a pulled muscle in my upper back/neck area. It's Sunday & it's still sore. I refuse to take anymore ibuprophen. So, I'm thinking I may have slept on it weird Thursday night. This has happened before but would go away after 1 day. Odd? The only exercise this weekend that I'm getting is push mowing & I'm just not feeling too guilty about it. :P

The opening ceremonies on friday were everything they hyped it up to be... I gasped when the last torch bearer was on the wire & the wire adjusted itself to allow him to run in the air. How cool was that?! I regret that I missed Phelps 1st Gold medal in the 400. I got the alert on my cell while still at the game & another on the drive home. I don't do Tivo, unfortunately. I'm sure there will be 7 other opportunities to see him get more Golds. Just amazing that he keeps breaking his OWN records.

Yesterday, at MOAB, a young gentleman talked to me for a good while about what they had there in the store. Size 50 bikes just don't stay in the store, apparently. He measured me & told me that I was just barely a 50. (Will at Acme, had guessed the same thing.) They don't carry the Fujis that I had sat on last weekend but they had plenty of Felts, all too big for me. They are ordering a size 50 Felt for me with NO obligation to buy. It should be in within a week or two. I looked at the pedals, helmets, & bike shorts. I should have looked at gloves. William looked too. (Lovely place you have, Bill, & thanks for the fruit & tea!)

Congrats to Jill on her 2nd place age group award at Tomato Fest 5k, to Wayne S. for a new 5k PR at Smyrna Parks, & a high five out to Dirk for his 5k Smyrna Parks FAST time!

Speaking of fast, #28 Rookie, Chris Johnson out of E. Carolina showed the crowd why he was drafted last night. We sat in the north endzone the first 1/2 of the preseason game. All of a sudden, there was this streak coming towards us. I was like, "Who is that!" The man in front of me gave me a short run down on who had just zipped down the field. ha! Looks like Lendale better get faster or he's out off a starting line up job! Keith Bulluck caught a tipped pass for a 13 yd touchdown. After the 1st 1/2, Hannah & I went browsing in the shop. They had a great sale going on but I didn't buy anything. Everything I wanted was too big. I just don't need anything else in my closets right now. The 2nd 1/2 was spent in the south endzone. (We had all scattered out by then. ha!) Two "beer guys" were cracking us up. They couldn't believe I had Drew Bennett's pants, which by the way didn't get signed. I think I could have got every other Rams player to sign them including their head coach but NOT Drew! I spent an hour hanging out next to the visitor's tunnel before the game only to see D. Bennett zip on by to the field for practice. We yelled at him & he waved "Hi" back to us. ha! At one point the Rams head coach came over to us but I was like, "Sorry, you can't sign Drew's old Titan's pants!" I had nothing for him to sign so I backed away while everyone else got Rams hats signed. It was a good night to be outside but it was a late night getting home. Next Friday, we are there again due to some CHEAP tickets 4 rows from the field next to the Titans tunnel (otherwise I would NOT be going). The "beer guys" said they'd look for us. :P

Empty Visitor's tunnel. "Where is Dreeeewwwww?"
Pregame practice.
Step, Skip, Jump, Jog, Repeat...
#90 J. Kearse, aka The Freak, "freaked out" a few Rams...

The Heusers (Sky's first game)

Reiko sent me a photo from her first visit to a "Cage Fighting" event last night. Wonder if that's his Halloween costume? Ummmmm....

2 comments:

Junie B said...

i CANNOT believe you missed MP last night!! argh!!!

i hope this basketball crap is almost over...me no likey olympic basketball.

yesterday after my run, i pretty much was in a vegetative state on the couch watching olympics all day! then even again last night but we went out to watch Cowboys football but they of course had the swimming on!!!

Lisa said...

I'm catching up watching the video highlights.

Can't wait to watch it tonight!!!